Here is another ridiculously easy Instant Pot recipe that only uses two ingredients (if you don’t count olive oil and salt and pepper). Instant Pot Peppadew Pork might be something you’d like to add to your easy dinner repertoire. I have a penchant for ridiculously easy 2 ingredient Instant Pot recipes, as you may know from my Easy Instant Pot Korean Beef recipe.
If you can get your hands on some Peppadew peppers, I’d suggest buying a bunch! keep some for snacking and some for this pork recipe. If you’ve never had peppadews before, they are not very spicy but they have a really tangy flavor. It’s a very unique taste, but everyone I know who has tried them has loved them! The flavor when combined with pork is just divine.
By the way, this is not sponsored, I just really love peppadew peppers!
Instant Pot Peppadew Pork
- Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker
- 4 lbs Boneless Pork Butt Roast cut into 3-4 inch pieces
- 1 jar peppadew peppers, with juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn Instant Pot on to Saute mode.
- Drizzle olive oil in the bottom of the instant pot.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper
- When the oil is hot, add the pork pieces and brown on all sides.
- Add entire jar of peppedew peppers along with the juice.
- Use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits at the bottom of the instant pot. There should be about a cup of liquid from the jar, but if there is not at least 1 cup, you may have to make up the difference with some water or broth.
- Set the Instant Pot to Manual for 45 minutes.
- Let naturally release.
- Shred the pork with 2 forks and remove from the juices. Season with more salt and pepper if you need to.
I have been making this dish for years, even before Instant Pots existed. The first method I used to use was with a Le Creuset Tagine. I was really into using that for a while! In case you are unfamiliar, a tagine is dome-shaped clay cooking vessel used for stews and slow cooking. Not sure what initially gave me the inspiration to combine pork with peppadews, but it instantly became a dish that was in regular rotation for me.
Then I started having trouble finding them in stores. Eventually I broke down and bought a 6 pack off the internet! What a great decision!!! I eat them as snacks and I’ve even made cocktails with them.
Anyway, back to the pork… once I got my hands on some peppadews I decided to do an experiment with the tagine versus the instant pot. The truth is, the taste was extremely similar. There really wasn’t a clear winner, but Instant Pot had the edge because it cooked in less time.
I haven’t tried it in a slow cooker, but I had friends try it and it worked well for them!
So now the question is, how do I eat Instant Pot Peppadew Pork? Well, my favorite way is in tacos. I like to chop onions and cilantro and combine them together and top the pork with that in a corn tortilla.
You could also put the pork on top of nachos! Mmmmm nachos! Or maybe a grilled cheese! I haven’t even tried that yet!
The last time I made it I put it in bao and it was delightful!
How will you use your instant pot peppadew pork? Let me know and tag me in your creations if you share on social media! #thephillykitchen